Sunday, April 13, 2008

I've realized that with all Blogs there is a critical element that must be established in order to call it "My Blog". That element being the "Beginning". Now that we've established the foundation to what same may say is "a disappointing waste of time" while others cheer "it was truly wonderful" we can move on.
On March 27th of this year I celebrated my 34th birthday in Disneyland. While I walked through the parks with my wife, her mother, and my niece Sabrina, I found myself thinking of family. I thought back on the many times I've been to Disneyland and ll the wonderful times I've had strolling through the parks with my family and my wife's family.
While strolling along through Disney California I found the abundant sounds of pure joy, the smell of fresh foods, churros, chlorine, tanning oil, and eucalyptus trees intoxicating. It is hard to be bummed out at Disneyland, yet I found myself melancholy.
For a moment in Disney California I had that moment where everything was perfect. The sounds, the smells, the temperature, yet something was missing. I wanted to share that perfect moment with everyone in my live I value. At that moment I thought of all my family members past and present. In that wonderful minute in the sun I realized that while the years are ticking on there are people in my life that I care about that I love, miss, and wish I could spend more time with.
Upon returning from California I got busy at work again and the time ticked on as usual. Actually, "Ticked" doesn't seem to be the right word, how about "Stampeded". On Friday I remembered I had not checked my MSN email account in a long, long time. It seems that fate had similar thoughts as I have had lately. In my InBox there were several messages from someone I value in my life that I have not seen in years. My Aunt Sandy. I read the several jokes she sent and then cam upon the link to their Blog site. I have to say, a beautiful family indeed.
So here I am. I thought I would start a Blog of my own and try to share some of the special moments in time I have with you. I will try to be regular with my postings, but no guarantees. After all, time stampedes on and often times it's everything you can do to hang on.
- Randy

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I love your blog! It is the best way to keep in touch with everyone and to see what is going on in their lives. So, now when are you coming to see me?

Johnson Family said...

Randy...hi! This is Sarah (Sandy's daughter). Just saw your blog link on my mom's page so thought I would check it out and say hi! Feel free to check out my blog...johnsonfamilyblogger.blogspot.com. Hope you guys are doing great!